In the race of becoming a doctor that is sort of a trend from last 100 or more years. Every parent wants their child to either be an engineer or a doctor. On doubt in this race of becoming a doctor humanity is lost somewhere. But the tag of a doctor still prevails. So this is for all those parents who want their child to be a doctor. We are not supporting the tag thing but for sure we’ll be helping you to get a step forward towards your Dream of becoming a doctor. The basic procedure to be in an MBBS college is to appear for NEET and clear the cut-off. According to your marks govt. And private colleges will be allotted.
Dental is a branch of a doctorate. Initially, it was not all that popular but with time dental courses made a respectable space in the society and in the dreams of students. And this all has been possible only due to students demand and increase in dental clients. The societies are getting more aware about dental hygiene and hence are taking regular check-ups appointments of dentists.
Dentistry is a medical field which deals with evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorder, and condition of the soft and hard tissues of the mouth. Dentists are the professional involved in the practice of dentistry. They use various techniques and procedures while treating patients, which include filling, crowning and scaling of teeth, extracting teeth, treating gum diseases, fitting artificial replacement etc.
India is a nation that is getting more and more aware of health and hygiene and hence the profession and courses of dental health are getting more attention as compared to 90’s.
Here are some courses that you can find in INDIA related to dental:
BDS: BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY
FELLOWSHIP IN AESTHETIC DENTISTRY
FELLOWSHIP IN COSMETIC DENTISTRY
FELLOWSHIP IN IMPLANTOLOGY
MDS: MASTER OF DENTAL SURGERY
MDS (COMMUNITY DENTISTRY)
MDS (CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS)
MDS (CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY)
MDS (ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL PATHOLOGY)
Ph.D. (PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY) …ETC
DIPLOMA COURSES IN DENTISTRY
DIPLOMA IN DENTAL HYGIENIST
DIPLOMA IN DENTAL MATERIAL AND ORAL HYGIENE …ETC
AND MANY OTHER CERTIFICATE COURSES WITH ORTHODONTIC, PERIODONTICS AND OTHER SPECIALIZED FIELDS.
WITH SOME MORE INFORMATION HERE ARE NAMES OF SOME TOP DENTAL COLLEGES IN INDIA :
MAULANA AZAD INSTITUTE OF DENTAL SCIENCES – [MAIDS], NEW DELHI
Maulana Azad Institute Of Dental Sciences (MAIDS) is the top most dental college in India.MAIDS was established in the year 2003 when it got separated from Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences and granted an independent status under the Government of NCT of Delhi. The college also declared as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ under the government of NCT of Delhi. The college offers Bachelor degree in Dental Surgery and Master degree program has been introduced in 2007. In 2008, IGNOU certificate courses were also started in the field of implantology and advanced endodontics. MAIDS is affiliated to Delhi University and approved by Dental Council of India.
MAIDS Is Associated With Following Hospitals:
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Lok Nayak Hospital
- G.B Pant
- Guru Nanak Eye Centre.
Why Join Maulana Azad Institute Of Dental Sciences (MAIDS):
- Awards – The college has been awarded FICCI excellence award for 2011and is the first dental institution to have achieved the honor. MAIDS is also the first dental institute to be accredited by the National Board of Accreditation for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers.
- Experienced Faculty – The college has experienced faculty members and contributed to numerous International and National Publications
MANIPAL COLLEGE OF DENTAL SCIENCES – [MCODS], MANGALORE
Manipal College Of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore was established in the south-western coastal city of Mangalore. Since then, it has evolved into a multi-faceted institution that is recognized internationally for excellence in its specializations. MCODS provides an excellent atmosphere for studies and recreation. The college offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in Dental Surgery, along with a post graduate diploma in Dental Materials.
Why Join Manipal College Of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore?
- Clinical Training: The first-year BDS students undergo training at the Centre for Basic Sciences, Bejai.The undergraduate and postgraduate training in both pre-clinical and clinical aspects are imparted at the Light House Hill and Attavar campuses. The clinical requirements for training in medical subjects are available at the Kasturba Medical College Hospital, which is a 651-bed hospital.
- Faculty: MCODS is acclaimed internationally for its excellence in dental education with full-time teaching faculty having outstanding clinical experience.
SDM COLLEGE OF DENTAL SCIENCES AND HOSPITAL SATTUR, DHARWAD
SDM College Of Dental Sciences And Hospital, Dharwad works under the esteem guidance of Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Society. It aims not only at bringing out graduates who excel in knowledge, skill, and service, but also making them good human beings competent enough to serve the society. It’s teaching, patient care, and research programs are strong and dynamic. It is open to new advanced technology and helps the students be aware of them. The School is also committed to offering the best in continuing education and other forms of service to practicing dentists.
Why Join SDM College Of Dental Sciences And Hospital, Dharwad?
- Recognition: It is affiliated with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is the only dental institution that has been accredited with a five-star status by NAAC, a unit of University Grants Commission.
- Faculty: The institution has a prestigious faculty who has been actively participated in various national and international seminars. They are also great mentors who provide the students with great opportunities to succeed in the future.
- Infrastructure: They provide students with a spacious well-stocked library to help them enhance their knowledge. This includes various national and international journals and internet connectivity in order to keep the students updated with all the advancements and innovations in the field of dentistry around the world. The library staff is well trained to help the students with everything they might need to make comprehensive use of the library. The hospital associated with this institution helps the students practically learn dentistry. This also provides the students with a better scope of gaining education for life after the college.
- Research: The institution has various ongoing research programs in order to make advancements in the field of oral healthcare in the world.
GOVERNMENT DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
Government Dental College & Hospital was established in 1938 and located in city Mumbai, State of Maharashtra. It has been named in the Top Three Dental Colleges in India by the Outlook Magazine for the past years. The institute is recognized by Dental Council of India and affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik. The annual intake capacity includes 100 students for undergraduate studies, 12 – 15 students for post graduate studies In 5 specialties.
The institute organizes many programs and extra-curricular activities like Fresher’s welcome, Ganesh Chaturthi, Rotaract Club Activities, College Annual Festival and Convocation. There are all necessary facilities like hostel, library, auditorium, gym, canteen, and playground.
KING GEORGE’S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY – [KGMU], LUCKNOW
King’s George Medical University is one of the renowned Medical Institutes in Northern India. The university is located in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established in the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current principal of the university.
- Earlier the University was famous as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University.
- The university started clinical education of the First Batch of Students in the year 1914.
- In the starting, the college was affiliated to the University of Lucknow.
Written By Urvashi Bidawat