Top 5 Best Dental Colleges In Karnataka
Racing to become a doctor? That is sort of a trend from last 100 or more years. Every parent wants their child to either be an engineer or a doctor. Hence, it is important to choose the appropriate career after weighing your skills wisely. Besides other specializations, Dental is a branch of a doctorate. Initially, it was not all that popular but with time dental courses made a respectable space in the society. And this all has been possible only due to students demand and increase in dental clients. The societies are getting more aware about dental hygiene and hence are taking regular check-ups appointments of dentists. The basic procedure to be in an MBBS college is to appear for NEET and clear the cut-off. According to your scores, you can opt for any of the Top Dental colleges, government or private.
Dentistry is a medical field which deals with evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorder, and condition of the soft and hard tissues of the mouth. Dentists are the professional involved in the practice of dentistry. They use various techniques and procedures while treating patients, which include filling, crowning and scaling of teeth, extracting teeth, treating gum diseases, fitting artificial replacement etc.
The Konkan coast of Karnataka is generally known for its beautiful beaches and culinary delights made with fresh seafood. Is now famous for some other things also. Though not as developed as State capital Bengaluru, many smaller cities and towns along Karnataka coastline have been growing steadily over the past few decades. Mangaluru and Udupi are two key locations on the map that stands out for a variety of reasons. Karnataka being a state of south India is developing, in fact, have the highest literacy level. With some of the established Dental colleges in the state, the profession is getting more attention recently.
Here’s the list of Top 5 Dental Colleges in Karnataka:
Manipal College has many branches all over the nation. serving students in medical and engineering field especially. It has an appreciable result all over the Nation. The institute even tops the list of Dental colleges in Karnataka and it is just not a coincidence. it is the result of continued efforts by the MANIPAL organization along the years. Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore was established in the south-western coastal city of Mangalore. Since then, it has evolved into a multi-faceted institution that is recognized internationally for excellence in its specializations. MCODS provides an excellent atmosphere for studies and recreation. The college offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in Dental Surgery, along with a post-graduate diploma in Dental Materials.
Why join Manipal College Of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore?
- Clinical Training: The first-year BDS students undergo training at the Centre for Basic Sciences, Bejai.The undergraduate and postgraduate training in both pre-clinical and clinical aspects are imparted at the Light House Hill and Attavar campuses. The clinical requirements for training in medical subjects are available at the Kasturba Medical College Hospital, which is a 651-bed hospital.
- Excellent infrastructure: The institution has excellent infrastructure facilities with 260-dental chairs and latest state-of-the-art dental equipment. An air-conditioned well-equipped library and lecture halls with latest audio-visual aids are some facilities provided for train programs Mmes.
- Faculty: MCODS is acclaimed internationally for its excellence in dental education with full-time teaching faculty having outstanding clinical experience.
- Ranking: The College has consistently gained accolades for its outstanding contribution to Indian education. It has been ranked 2nd among top Indian dental colleges in India and 8th among Top Medical Colleges in India by Outlook in 2013.Notably, it has ranked 1st among Research Publications by private universities in India by India Today in June 2013.
Address: Light House Hill Road, Mangalore – 575001, Karnataka, India
SDM COLLEGE OF DENTAL SCIENCE attempts to make dental courses more interesting and fun-loving for them. If you live near Karnataka or in Karnataka and your dream is to be a dentist then this is one of the best dental college for you.
SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad works under the esteem guidance of Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Society. It aims not only at bringing out graduates who excel in knowledge, skill, and service, but also making them good human beings competent enough to serve the society. It’s teaching, patient care, and research programs are strong and dynamic. It is open to new advanced technology and helps the students be aware of them. The School is also committed to offering the best in continuing education and other forms of service to practicing dentists.
Why Join SDM College Of Dental Sciences And Hospital, Dharwad?
- Recognition: It is affiliated with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is the only dental institution that has been accredited with a five-star status by NAAC, a unit of University Grants Commission.
- Faculty: The institution has a prestigious faculty who has been actively participated in various national and international seminars. They are also great mentors who provide the students with great opportunities to succeed in the future.
Address: Hubli Dharwad Highway (SH-73), Sattur, Dharwad – 580009, Karnataka, India
The AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Sciences was set up to convert aspiring students into dental professionals for helping the nation in healthcare requirements. With the changing trends in the eating habits in adults as well as in children, it has become very important to visit the dentists on a regular basis. To fulfill this growing need of talented dentists in the whole country, the institute is striving very hard. The institute has experienced faculty members who provide optimum education to their students theoretically as well as practically. The whole work of a dentist is practical only so it is really important for a student to be in compliance with all the tools, equipment and techniques required for a better treatment. All these are provided by the college to the students. All the departments of the college have latest equipment and tools for research and diagnostics purposes irrespective of their prices. The institute always upgrades all the gadgets for the use of the students as and when new changes are made in their technologies.
Address: Medical Sciences Complex, Deralakatte, Mangalore – 575018, Karnataka, India
The AECS Maruti College Of Dental Sciences And Research Centre was established to fulfill the increasing needs of dental professionals due to growing dental problems amongst the public. The main aim of the college is to promote the development of caring habits of oral health and provide academic excellence through proper education to the students with the help of professional and experienced faculties. Quality education along with imparting ethical values is the qualitative factor of the college. The faculties pass on their knowledge and values in the classrooms along with providing training through
Address: 108 Hulimavu Tank Bund Road BTM 6th Stage, 1st Phase Off Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore – 560076, Karnataka, India
Bapuji Dental College And Hospital provides a single window provision for all the dental care needs of the people. The education system of the college is crystal clear with top management in education and medical services. The faculty leads their knowledge and experience with their students to help them grow with their studies and morale. It is a center of learning along with training. The college does community-oriented research so as to facilitate the community at large by serving them in oral healthcare needs. Like most other dental colleges, it also takes pride to facilitate its students with numerous facilities like library, labs, recreational areas, etc.
Address: Post Box No. 326 ,Davanagere – 577004 ,Karnataka , India
Written By Urvashi Bidawat